Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dreams and reality...

I dreamt of a loving spouse and picket fence
A happy life in the future sense.
What I got was not in my dream,
I want to wake up, so I scream and scream.

He drinks to forget, to unwind, to go numb
I love him too much that I can not run
So I cry each night in sorrow in pain,
My tears falling down like a constant rain.

My heart breaks for what could be, could have been,
I could never imagine my life without being with him
His past is filled with sorrow and  abandonment,
The pain he feels I can not prevent.

We all have scars from our past,
from falling when we ran too fast.
All we can do is take what we can,
Learn and grow then start again.

I wish I could heal his wounds that run deep,
I pray for help when he's fast asleep,
I cry and plead, but it's all the same
He has hidden stories, filled with pain.

He drinks to escape, forget and to hide,
All the Pain, sorrow and hurt inside.
My heart breaks for his, I wish I could take it all away
So I say a prayer and make a wish, hoping for another day.

(Undiscovered Soul)