Friday, July 29, 2011

On my walk.....

Many more times than not I am a lone wolf destined to wander alone.
I have my small pack but still most the time I am solo, rejected,
destined to be alone.

No phone calls, no visits, no emails..... A quick visit to never be heard from again.
Like I am an infectious poison to most.
Maybe I talk too much, come off self absorbed, selfish or worse.
I am socially awkward, inept and inexperienced.
I know I am no ones first pick and sometimes no ones last.

No wedding proposals, proms or dances... No romantic gestures of any kind,
barely a sweet word muttered. No compliments. No birthday cards, no presents,
no invitations.... no nothing.

As if a sign resides on my chest for all to see that kinds words,
gestures of love or friendship are not needed or wanted...
as if I am a heartless cold soul.

I guess I only fulfill a purpose and nothing else,
that I get and deserve nothing in return.

(Undiscovered Soul)