Sunday, July 31, 2011

Roller Coasters.....

I am so tired of the ups and downs....
So tired of constant smiles and frowns.
Seems my emotions are running wild...
Like a spoiled rotten child.
I am honestly getting thoroughly tired....
This is nowhere near the life I desired.

One minute I am on cloud nine,
In the next sorrow is all mine.
Is like my mind is playing tricks on me,
I don't know which way to be.
Happy or sad.... mad or glad.

I can see the good in each day...
But seems the crap gets in the way.
Be it interference from others...
Or the sadness that smothers....
All the happiness and joy,
That I work so hard to employ.

It creeps up on me like a nightmare'
And threatens to steal all of my air.
Smother me slowly until I can not see
All the good that is right in front of me.

Wish I could shake it off for good,
Cast it away like I know I should.
It seems I am not strong enough...
I know its time to get tough.
Overcome the negative....
Replace it with the positive.

Fight with all my might until I get it right.

(Undiscovered Soul)